This website contains information and communications for Whitby Minor Hockey Association members and the associated house league and rep programs.
For content related questions/feedback, please contact the WMHA Administrator at email@example.com. For technical questions related to the website, please contact the Website Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The website is comprised of 2 primary navigational menus. The main menu runs horizontally across the top of the page, providing access to schedules, standings, tournament info, contact info, etc. The secondary menu runs vertically on the left side of the page, providing access to clinic and registration info, as well as links to other websites of interest.
The home page of the website is segmented into 4 areas of content:
- Association News/Events: important articles are provided in a 'slider' format at the top of the page for quick access,
- Latest News/Most Read: links to the latest and most popular articles are listed on the right side of the page,
- Success Stories: tournament wins, championships, fundraisers and other success stores are provided in a 'slider' format at the bottom of the page, and
- General: upcoming events, surveys and news from the WMHA are shown chronologically in the central area of the page.
To perform a search for an article, document, contact info, etc, enter your search term in the box near the top right of the page and click the 'Search' button.
We have been working hard the last few months to improve the look of the website, along with usability and performance. In the future we will be adding many new enhancements including:
- WMHA Store: purchase tryout passports, register for clinics and development sessions and more, all through the website.
- Interactive Scheduling App: a new scheduling app is currently in development that will provide more options for viewing and filtering schedule data. This will include options to view specific types of events (practice, game, development, etc.) for chosen divisions (Ranger, Novice, Minor Peewee, etc) at specific locations (IPSC Pad 1, Luther Vipond, etc.) during chosen timeframes. The goal is to allow you to view only the events you WANT to see and HOW you want to see them.
- Email Notifications: we will be looking to incorporate syndication on the website so that you can subscribe to receive new articles in your email as soon as they are posted.
- and much more!
If you ideas on how we can improve the website, we would love to hear them - just send an email to the Website Administrator.
UPDATED: February 11, 2010